Daily Archives: September 9, 2015
“Warner Bros. will release an untitled Christopher Nolan movie on July 21, 2017”
—Dave McNary, Variety
This enticing news broke last night. Because of Nolan’s insistence on working on one film at a time, the drip-drip nature of his top-secret reveals is a genuine thrill to his countless fans around the world. And yes, I’m one of them.
As of right now, we know three things:
- The summer of 2017 will be epic!
- Hans Zimmer will orchestrate yet another brilliant film score
- Michael Caine will be in the movie
As of right now, here are five predictions for the type of movie Mr. Nolan has written and will ultimately direct and produce with his family and team at Syncopy and Warner Bros.:
- The Afterlife, exploring elements of faith and science
- A post-apocalyptic thriller, akin to Blade Runner
- A mind-bender (wait for it…) with a mid-20th century/Hitchcock/Twilight Zone aesthetic with a female lead character
- The origin story for a new trilogy of a science-fiction favorite that’s not superhero-related
- James Bond (More of a hope, really, even with Sam Mendes likely done after this year’s Spectre. The summer release date indicates it won’t be 007, this time)
Aside from James Bond, the one franchise he might get his IMAX camera on in the future is Star Wars. He’s publicly stated his love and eye-opening movie-going experience of Star Wars. Creatively, what he would add with his deftness at epic storytelling with gritty realism on the biggest scale with dynamic characters on practical sets elevated by astonishing twists and turns with lightsabers in the ultimate battle of good v. evil, wow.
Imagine that trilogy!
At this point, we simply don’t know. One thing we do know is this movie just became the hottest audition/interview to land in Hollywood.
Although, without a cell phone or email account, Christopher Nolan finds you…and he only looks on the top-shelf.